Meet Our Governors
In accordance with the Kite Academy Trust's governance structure as defined in its Articles of Association, Cross Farm Infant Academy has a local advisory body, known as an Academy Council. The Academy Council is formed of Governors with a breadth of experience and skills who volunteer their time to ensure the very best outcomes for all children at the academy.
The role of the Academy Council is:
• To ensure that the academy provides the highest possible level of education for all children;
• To ensure the safety and welfare of children and staff;
• To ensure the Trust’s vision and values are well-embedded and promoted by leaders amongst staff, children and stakeholders;
• To ensure that support and robust challenge is given to the Academy Head;
• To ensure that the leadership of the academy have high expectations for all children, including those with special needs;
• To ensure the curriculum is ambitious with appropriate breadth for all children in the academy;
• To ensure the Academy Improvement Plan delivers improvement;
• To ensure risk is both managed and reported to the Trust Board;
• To ensure that the academy has effective and appropriate systems and procedures in place;
• To be accountable to stakeholders (Board of Trustees, parents, pupils, staff and local community)
An Academy Council is constituted as follows:
1 Academy Head
1 Staff Governor
2 Parent Governors
2 Local Community Governors (minimum)
The Academy Head is automatically a Governor by virtue of their position. Two Parent Governors are elected by parents of the academy and the Staff Governor is elected by employees of the academy. Local Community Governors are co-opted as necessary to provide the skills and experience needed by the Academy Council. In addition, the Academy Council may appoint other persons as Associate Academy Council Members to address any specifically identified skill gaps or to support any particular challenges that they may be facing. With the exception of the Academy Head, Governors serve a four year term and are eligible for re-appointment (subject to an election where necessary for Staff and Parent Governors). The positions of Chair and Vice-Chair are elected, and Governors with responsibility for Safeguarding and Special Educational Needs & Disability (SEND) nominated, by the Governors on an annual basis.
The Academy Council meets a minimum of four times during the academic year. The primary purpose of the meetings is to review and monitor the progress of the Academy Improvement Plan, identify any areas of risk to be reported to the Trust Board, and consider the medium and long-term strategic development of the academy. Monitoring mainly involves talking to children and staff, visiting classrooms to see learning in action, and examining children’s work books and other documentary material. Governors also take the opportunity to talk with families at Parents’ Evenings.
Across the Trust, Academy Council Governors work in collaboration with other Academy Councils to support the improvement, development and success of each academy in the Kite Academy Trust. Training opportunities for Governors are provided by the Kite Academy Trust
For statutory Governor information and meeting attendance for the 2021-22 academic year, please click here.
For information regarding the governance structure of the Kite Academy Trust, please click here.
For statutory information and reports relating to the Kite Academy Trust, please click here.
Minutes of Academy Council meetings are available on request. Please contact the Academy Head in the first instance.
For any other information, or if you would be interested in becoming a Governor, please contact email@example.com
Helen Bond (Chair)
Barry Meacher (Vice Chair)
GOVERNOR WITH RESPONSIBILITY FOR SAFEGUARDING
GOVERNOR WITH RESPONSIBILITY FOR SEND